Wanderlust and Envy: BBQ, Boules and Butchery at Chateau Lou Casteou

Monday 21 July 2014


Having spent an evening slicing and dicing salmon at Jamie Oliver's Recipease*, I've decided cooking is something I should do more of. Learning skills, such as descaling fish or how to spatchcock a chicken, is only ever going to be a good thing.

So, in my quest to find another great cooking excursion, I stumbled upon celebrity chef and former I'm a Celeb contestant Rosemary Shrager, who is hosting a gastronomic break at Chateau Lou Casteou in France. Also the star of Ladette to Lady, I literally shouted OH IT'S HER when I found out, which made everything way, way more amazing. Located in the glorious Cote D’Azur, South of France, this isn't just one evening's worth of food and fun, it's an entire week.

The getaway held mid-October, which costs £5,600 for two, includes a six night stay in the French castle, daily cookery classes, food and wine pairing and you even get that chance to try your hand at butchery which can be enjoyed over a roasting hot barbecue. Definitely one for foodies, the week includes olive grove tours, lots of champers, views over St Tropez and quaint market town trips.

Certainly not in my price bracket, this is firmly in the Envy category for me.

Have you ever been on a foodie holiday? Let us know below!

*Read all about it folks, read all about it!


0 comments :

Post a Comment