Review: Beachwear for my honeymoon with David Iconique

Friday 18 July 2014


I think it's pretty well known I'm getting married in a matter of weeks. After the usual questions are answered (where's the wedding, what's the dress like, have you sorted the cake yet, what wedding underwear are you going for?) all people want to know about is the honeymoon.

Being as Mr W and I have just moved in together, we decided the honeymoon should be next year. Not to mention when it's cold, dark and rainy we'll be jetting off the Jamaica and all-inclusive poolside butler luxury.

I've never been to the Caribbean before, but February is set to be hot. And although I hardly ever burn unless I'm being lean with the factor 8, I've decided next year I need to be grown up about it. I've got my hands on a kaftan.

Usual High Street stores have been full of them this summer, but I'm not a massive Aztec print fan, and Mr W things leopard print belongs on Manbearpig rather than me.

In swoops Wendy, who's kindly let me get my hands on a David Iconique kaftan from last season to save me from the hot Jamaican sun.

When I first saw it, I'll admit I wasn't a massive fan. It looked great on the model, but was a bit too, well, grown up for me. I tried it on, thought it was meh, and promptly folded it to languish in my holiday drawer.

One house move later and I decided to give it a wash after its travels. And that did the trick. You see, to me, beachwear should be a bit crumpled and a bit weathered and the problem I had at first was that it was just a bit too pristine. There's no room for an iron in my suitcase, so I don't really tend to bother taking clothes that need maintenance. Creases are for the beach, definitely, along with non-brushed hair #frizzyhairdontcare

I tried it on again and it looks great! With a few creases it clings to the hips and is loose enough on tiny, tiny me to not be too uncomfortable on the beach.

Although this was last season's beachwear, so this print is mine and mine alone, the new range is available now.

Have you managed to bag a getaway this year, or are you waiting on some winter sun?




0 comments :

Post a Comment