six out of ten

Thursday 7 March 2013
Wine + boredom = magazine
Hi, and welcome to six out of ten, the online lifestyle magazine for people who want to have fun in whatever way it means to them.

I should start by giving an intro, shouldn't I.

My name's Laura, I'm the editor of this here online mag, and a journalist slash copywriter slash PR bod. I've written for lots of different brands, like New Look, H&M, M&S, Which?, More Th>n, Wahanda and more. As for PR, my clients have included small vintage boutiques to huge national bar chains. So it's quite a mixed bag.

I decided to start this place one night after a few glasses of wine and a desire to quell the boredom that was rising. You know that feeling, when you're dying to be a bit creative but don't have the skills (or funds) to start your own freesheet a la Stylist?
I've had that for the longest of times.

Do what you love (within reason)
This isn't the place to air dirty laundry. You won't find tabloid-style posts detailing cringeworthy confessions or opinions solely to shock. No no. And it's not a commercial magazine, so there won't be endless beauty product reviews with lipstick smeared over the back of a hand or close up shots of an eyeball.

six out of ten is about having fun, whatever that means to you. We aim to be the guide to what's new, what's hot and what's fun in the UK. So, if you're looking for a hotel with a bit of a difference for a night away with your special someone, or a speakeasy-style bar to entertain your friends, we'll have it covered in our own special way. And if you just want something fun, interesting and full of wit, then we've got that too.




Do you want to write for six out of ten? Great! Just head to the contact page and tell me a bit about you. Don't be afraid to show off. I once told a potential employer I laughed at pigeons and would do terrible things to Eddie Vedder. Hey, I got the job.




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments :

Post a Comment