Goodwood Races Three Friday Nights - Rudimental, Racing and Wrong Turns

Thursday 6 June 2013
I’m sure if you read my last article on Goodwood Races (and if you follow me on Twitter) you're aware I attended the Three Friday Nights racing and laser show/rave up event on the 31st May. I cannot quite describe to you just how excited I'd been in the build up to the day to see the combination of horse racing and Rudimental DJ set with 9,999 other like-minded people!

Initially, I thought the entire evening was going to be a disaster. One thing after another kept going wrong. My driver had already called me ‘sir’ and ‘Mr.’ on the phone, which was somewhat awkward, and it then took us over three hours to battle through the traffic to travel the 1 ½ hour journey from London to Chichester. Upon arrival my guest Emma and I were at a complete loss as to where to go, as due to arriving nearly two hours late for the event there wasn’t anyone to meet us at the gates.

Luckily it only took a quick phone call to the press office on site before we finally managed to find our way up to the VIP Press Room and everything ran perfectly from then on, which was a relief!

The view from the VIP box was simply stunning when we arrived, even more so later on in the night. You could see the entire race from start to finish! However, in all honesty, if I was given the choice again I think I'd much rather be down with the crowds. I just don’t think you get the same kind of atmosphere when you are separated from them. Of course it did mean I saw much more. So paying for the view is obviously worth it on some levels. I really think that it depends on what kind of experience you're looking for.

Despite the fact we did unfortunately miss most of the racing, we thoroughly enjoyed the last two runs. I had no idea what I was doing when it came to betting, and reading the race cards didn’t help me much, so if you don’t know much about horse racing I'd recommend looking it up beforehand (which is what I should have done). Saying that, my lack of knowledge didn’t dampen my enjoyment in the slightest but losing £15 did a little bit..

We had enough time to relax and watch the sun set over beautiful Sussex landscape before it was time to head down into the crowds. The timing between the end of the races and the start of the music was perfect; we'd been able to have something to eat without feeling rushed, but also without us getting bored. Not that I think boredom would be possible either, with so many people around there's always someone to chat away to.

The lasers were lighting the clear sky as we made our way down the stairs and they already looked amazing! I had been slightly worried I was going to be cold during the evening - the day had been so hot that I opted for a lacy dress - but I had nothing to worry about because with 10,000 people all trying to cram into the same little arena it was boiling! Despite the fact that everyone was squashed together the crowd was brilliant.

The DJ set was so varied that people of all ages could enjoy the mixes, which meant even if you didn’t know all of the words to one song you could dance away quite happily knowing that you would probably know the next one.

In fact I don’t think I stopped dancing all night. In all honesty the only downside was that it was all over far too quickly.

The atmosphere for the entire evening was just brilliant, everyone I met seemed to be in a great mood and the event was very well organised. The music was brilliant, and I would definitely recommend going to see Rudimental live if you get the chance to do so! More importantly though I would 100% suggest that you get yourself a ticket to the next Three Friday Night event, or if that isn’t possible make sure you attend next year! I know that I will be trying to get myself a ticket again!

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous13 June, 2013

    Appeal for witnesses to assault at Goodwood THIS IS THE PRESS RELEASE FROM THE POLICE - THIS HAPPENED TO STUART... PLEASE PLEASE SHARE THIS AND HELP PUT THIS THUG WHERE HE BELONGS!

    06 June 2013

    Police are appealing for witnesses to an assault on a man which happened at an event at Goodwood race course on Friday 31 May.

    The victim aged 49 from Petersfield, Hampshire, was assaulted by a man in the Richmond bar area at the course between 10.10pm and 10.30pm.

    He received facial and leg injuries requiring hospital treatment.

    Detective Constable Kathy Longland said: "The victim was out at an event enjoying the evening when he was assaulted and knocked unconscious. Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call 101 quoting serial 0510 of 1/6."

    Alternatively, call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

    ReplyDelete