Why I just love Kate Middleton (and why she's our Diana)

Tuesday 23 July 2013
When I say Kate Middleton, what's the first thing that springs to mind? Her superb and flawless style? Her simple but stunning look? Or the fact she's married to one of the world's most most popular royals, Prince William?

I can’t help but think she is our version of Princess Diana. You see, I've always had a thing for Diana. I'm aware she was like Marmite - you either loved her or hated her. For me, I was a firm Di fan. I loved her and remember being amazed at watching her wedding to Charles on a video tape that my mother had.

There are some difference though. Since Kate first came on the scene in 2001 at St Andrews University, the Prince and Kate started off as friends. What grabbed Wills' interest in Kate is when she stole the show at a fashion event, and the heart of Prince William.

Since then there have been a few ups and downs (and a very exciting meeting of love at a rugby game!) but Kate and Wills finally settled down and were officially known as a couple. After much etiquette and training in how to be a royal, on April 29th 2011 the pair got married. It seemed the whole world turned up for the occasion, I know it was the talk of the town for months on end, with street parties being organised to celebrate the occasion.

Another reason I love Kate is because she's helped give Britain a name we can still be proud of. Diana was a humanitarian, and her work abroad resonated with people. Her kind and compassionate nature gained her the title of the People's Princess. During the recession, Kate had worn good ol’ British High Street clothes rather than plump for designer brands and you'll-never-be-able-to-afford-this dress, which as a result made sales soar. Zara especially have benefited from Kate's outfit selections. And many would claim Kate helped kick the recession in the backside!

Now as I'm not in the finance industry I don’t know about that for certain. But I can for one remember how hard the recession hit me. At the time of dribs and drabs of life it, was nice to see Kate support the high street, and if I am very honest, making the royal family seem far more down-to-Earth than their image was before. After all, she was just a middle-class girl beforehand, and marrying into royalty hasn't changed that.

With the birth of the royal baby making headlines across the world, it has been reported that die hard fans are camping outside the hospital ready to hear that long-awaited name and wish the happy couple well, and to get those elusive pictures of the baby boy before anyone else. I was very excited and waited with baited breath, finally hearing the news that our future king had been born. With that said, I wonder what they will call him? And I wonder what Diana would say if she could see them both now?

But I know what Diana would advise us ladies: get down to a rugby match because who knows, you could find your very own Prince! See you down there ladies!

Are you a fan of Kate and Wills or really not fussed about the couple? Let us know!

0 comments :

Post a Comment