Would you prefer a night in front of the TV to a night out with friends?

Friday 30 August 2013
Hello. My name is Amy and I am a telly addict. Yes I admit that, at the age of 23, I would rather stay in on an evening all snuggled up in my comfy PJs with endless cups of tea, Chanel the cat purring on my lap and the promise of a good night of television. Does that sound strange to you? Or are you like me?

My addiction started when the recession really hit back in 2010. Finances got tighter, there were masses of job losses, and I came to the conclusion that lavish nights out were going to have to be limited to one, maybe two a month. I couldn't have been the only one, because as a result of people trying to save the pennies, supermarkets and broadcasters (I blame you!) found a gap in the market. Sky started to up their game and show more and more quality content, and supermarkets jumped on the bandwagon by producing £10 meal deals for the Perfect Friday or Saturday Night In.

I easily got settled into a new way of life.

Even now, I still find money is very tight. And when it comes to paying for a night out, which can cost crazy amounts if you're buying rounds for friends, or sitting in with a glass of BOGOF wine and a tub of ice cream, I'm always going to choose the latter. So don’t judge me when I say I love television. Looking at it as I am writing this now seems pretty sad but if you could see how excited I get before watching a show or just thinking ‘two more days’ or ‘six hours to go’ before getting to watch my favourite show, it gives me a highlight in my working week.

At the moment my favourite TV nights are Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. I'm a huge fan of Game Of Thrones, The Apprentice, TOWIE, and Britain and Irelands Next Top Model. But now most of these series have ended it has got me thinking what to do next? It was easy when it was hot and light until 9pm, just to go for a stroll, or sit in a park. But now nights are drawing in, I'm at a loss as to what to fill my nights with. Because for me, TV isn't just something to casually fling on. It's something I just can't live without!

Are you a fellow TV addict like me and having withdrawal symptoms when your favourite show finishes? Don’t know what to do with yourself now your shows have ended? If that’s the case leave a note below with your favourite show. Who knows, we might discover something new and exciting to occupy our evenings!

By Amy.

0 comments :

Post a Comment