Review: Evolve's Multi Peptide Single Cream

Thursday 30 May 2013
I hate to think of the amount of money I’ve spent on skincare products. I’m lucky enough to have never suffered from acne and the likes, but since being a teenager I've bought a huge number of products in the quest for a flawless face. Especially moisturisers.

Moisturisers packed full of synthetic sparkly bits to ‘add radiance’, moisturisers containing all sorts of chemicals intended to tighten pores, moisturisers full of fake tan. High end and budget brands. You name it, I’ve tried it.

Having used so many I know what I don’t like, and the trouble is that despite still wanting a moisturiser that will keep my skin hydrated and hopefully help keep me blemish free, the fact that I’m now pushing 30 means that I’m becoming rather picky. Think I'm joking? Here's my must-have checklist:

  • I want something that feels luxurious but light.
  • I want something with anti-ageing properties because whilst I’m not trying to combat full on wrinkles, I have definitely noticed that my skin is changing.
  • I like a scented cream, but nothing too fragrant because that’s just irritating.
  • I want my skincare products to be cruelty free; animals should never have to suffer for the sake of a glowing complexion.

See what I mean about picky?

I haven't found The One. But one of the better moisturisers I’ve tried recently is the Multi Peptide Single Cream by Evolve Beauty which is packed with natural peptides and a blend of amino acids, both of which are said to work together to restore and protect the skin. Not only that but Evolve say this moisturiser will help preserve skin elasticity and stimulate collagen production therefore minimising the appearance of those pesky wrinkles. Perfect for skin like mine which is threatening to permanently crinkle between my eyebrows any day now.

Whilst my normal/oily skin called for the Single Cream, Evolve also offer a Double Cream formulation for those with drier and dehydrated skin which promises the same results with a slightly richer product. Although I found the Single Cream perfect for this time of year, I’d be tempted to try the Double Cream during winter when my skin is always more dry and delicate.

So many things about this cream were ‘just right’ for me, it’s a real Goldilocks moisturiser.

It’s light and easily absorbed, disappearing into my skin fast enough to allow me to get on with applying make up when I’m in a rush. I found its smoothing effect on the skin made it an excellent base for foundation, almost like a primer. The scent is very subtle - it took me a while to actually work out what it smelled of but I’ve finally settled on coconut. It’s not at all sickly though.

Most importantly though, it really does provide good, long lasting hydration to the skin. Since I started using it, I haven’t had any breakouts or dryness at all and overall, I’d say the appearance of my skin has improved in terms of clarity and smoothness. I’d say it’s worth every penny of its £19.99 price tag.

The cherry on top of this particular cake is that Evolve’s entire skincare range is produced in the UK, certified ECOCERT organic and is completely cruelty free. Even the packaging is 100% recycled.

Good for the environment, good for UK business and great for your skin. A perfect combination if you ask me. Visit Evolve Beauty to find out more.

By Gail.

3 comments :

  1. It sounds very good. I'll be in the market for a new moisturiser soon and being cruelty free, it's right up my alley! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely Leah, definitely worth a try!

      Delete
  2. I happen to have stumbled upon a line called Eclos that I adore. I'm 43 so my concerns are a bit different than your's but I don't have a lot of wrinkles or anything just yet either. The whole line is fantastic, natural and cruelty free.

    ReplyDelete